Friday, June 26, 2009

Rubio continued...

Rubio is the most creative guard I've ever seen handle a basketball from the Youtube generation. He' s a long 6'4 point guard that would be spectacular in an open court, up and down offense. He has Steve Nash's finishing ability, Jason Kidd's adeptness at throwing the lob, and Pistol Pete's flair. Rubio is long, crafty, and absolute magic with the ball in his hands. I missed the draft on Thursday so I read Bill Simmons's Draft Diary and my favorite part was the following:

5:06: Exchange of the night so far …

    Jones: "For the fans that haven't seen you play, which NBA player do you think you play like?"

    Rubio: "I'm Ricky Rubio, I'm not like anyone else."

Awesome use of the 3rd person. Donnie Walsh are you listening? Make this kid a Knick. 

No comments:

Post a Comment