Monday, June 1, 2009

Lebron James

I want to start by saying Lebron James is the the most physically gifted athlete I've ever seen and will become the best basketball player of our generation. 

Lebron is more obnoxious by the minute to me. I am the only person I know that truly dislikes Lebron James. He is too arrogant, he treats the city of Cleveland like shit, dangling ultimatums about needing better players or he will jump ship to NYC. He wore a Yankees fitted hat to a Indians vs. Yankees playoff game, IN CLEVELAND! Then he claims to the media he has been a Yankees fan his whole life. 'Cough bullshit cough'. 

He has been treated like a God ever since he was a sophomore in high school and frankly I'm sick of it. I'm sick of everyone saying "look how much fun he's having out there." If I was getting paid trillions of dollars to play a damn game that I love I'd be having an exceptionally good time out there too. Lebron James is the reason high school basketball games are all over ESPN now. There is no more innocence in the post-eight grade sports world. 

This past Saturday Lebron's Cleveland Cavaliers lost in the Eastern Conference Finals to the Orlando Magic. After being the best team in the NBA this season the Cavs lost in 6 games to the Magic and were thoroughly manhandled. When game 6 ended "Mr. Wonderful" decided that a "winner" and "competitor" like himself has no need to shake the other team's hands. 

His exact words : "It's hard for me to congratulate somebody after you just lose to them," he said. "I'm a winner. It's not being a poor sport or anything like that. If somebody beats you up, you're not going to congratulate them. That doesn't make sense to me. I'm a competitor. That's what I do. It doesn't make sense for me to go over and shake somebody's hand."

Your wrong Lebron that is the definition of being a poor sport. Be a man. If Gunner Stahl can do it in Mighty Ducks II, so can you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment